This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the SASSA R350 grant online under the new regulations. With the easing of lockdown measures and the stabilization of the Coronavirus pandemic, there have been updates in the management of the SRD R350 Grant. If you have not yet submitted your application, the following information will assist you.
- To qualify for the SRD R350 grant, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Meeting these criteria is essential to be considered eligible for the SRD R350 grant.
- How to Apply for SASSA Online
SASSA, the South African Social Security Agency, continues to oversee the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) R350 grant, which is now set to conclude in March 2023. This means there is still ample time to take advantage of the grant. Eligible individuals can reapply for the SASSA R350 grant each month.
To qualify for the SRD R350 grant, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a South African citizen, refugee, asylum seeker, or special permit holder.
- Fall within the age range of 18 to 60 years old.
- Have insufficient means and do not receive any social grants on behalf of others.
- Not contribute to or qualify for UIF (Unemployment Insurance Fund) payments.
- Have no financial support from any other sources.
Meeting these criteria is essential to be considered eligible for the SRD R350 grant.
How to Apply for SASSA Online
visit the SASSA website and navigate to the application section. Fill out the required information, including your mobile number for verification. Complete the application form, providing accurate details and consenting to necessary verifications. Submit the application and await confirmation from SASSA regarding the status of your application. Remember to submit only one application and avoid multiple submissions to prevent delays in processing.
To apply for SASSA online, follow these steps:
- Visit the SASSA website at srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Go to the “How do I apply for this SRD Grant” section.
- Click on the “click here to apply online” button.
- Enter your mobile number and click the “Send SMS” button.
- You will receive a one-time pin (OTP) on your cellphone.
- Enter the OTP into the online form.
- Complete the remaining fields to continue the application process.
To apply for the SASSA Application on WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Add 082 046 8553 as a contact on your cellphone.
- Open WhatsApp and send a message to the new contact by typing ‘hi’.
- You will receive an automated response, reply to it by typing ‘help’.
- Choose option number ‘4’ from the provided options.
- Respond with ‘SRD’ when you receive the SASSA platform message.
- Confirm whether you are applying for yourself or on behalf of someone else.
- Begin the application by submitting your name, surname, and ID number in the message.
- You will receive a message on WhatsApp with the next steps.
To ensure your SRD grant application is considered, it is crucial to provide consent for SASSA to verify your identification, residency, income, and social security benefits. This can be done by accepting the declaration and consent forms.
Please be aware that SASSA strongly advises against submitting multiple applications across different platforms, as it will not expedite the process and may cause delays instead.
SASSA aims to approve or reject all SRD grant applications received by the 15th of each month. You can check your SASSA status online and will also receive an SMS notification confirming whether your application has been approved or rejected.