Salary: R393 711 – R 463 764.00 p.a. exclusive of benefits
Location : KZN Regional Office: Pietermaritzburg (Ref No: G12/2023).
The Assistant Manager position in the Beneficiary Maintenance Unit offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the efficient management and maintenance of beneficiaries. Explore the responsibilities and qualifications required for this role and join a dynamic team focused on providing essential support to beneficiaries.
Minimum Requirements for Assistant Manager
To qualify for the position of Assistant Manager in the Beneficiary Maintenance Unit, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a B degree or possess a 3-year tertiary qualification combined with 3-5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Have knowledge of SASSA’s constitutional mandate, policies, legislation, social security management, and poverty alleviation matters.
- Possess computer literacy skills.
- Hold a valid driver’s license, which is essential for the role.
The Assistant Manager in the Beneficiary Maintenance Unit will have the following duties:
- Manage the coordination of business administration systems related to grants administration.
- Oversee changes and new developments in the grants administration business environment.
- Coordinate system training and implement measures to ensure data integrity.
- Review and investigate management and exception reports, making necessary data corrections.
- Provide guidance on social assistance legislation, policies, and procedures regarding grants administration.
- Assist with various tasks and projects related to grant administration.
Read Also: Manager: Administrative Support Services
By fulfilling these duties, the Assistant Manager will contribute to the efficient and effective management of grants within the Beneficiary Maintenance Unit.
- Oversee the management of the Document Management Warehouse in the Region.
- Supervise and manage subordinates in the section.
To apply for this position, please send your application to [email protected].
As an equal opportunity employer, the Agency prioritizes candidates whose appointment will contribute to achieving the Employment Equity targets outlined in the Agency’s Employment Equity Plan. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please take note of the following important information regarding these advertised positions:
- These positions are advertised with minimum requirements.
- Appointment to these positions is subject to a compulsory pre-employment screening process, including qualification verification, reference checks, ITC (credit) checks, criminal background checks, and mandatory competency assessments (where applicable).
- The Agency aims to promote representativity in terms of race, gender, and disability when filling these positions. Candidates whose appointment will contribute to representativity will receive preference.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must have them evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) before the selection process.
- SASSA is not obligated to fill a post after its advertisement.
- All SASSA staff members are required to undergo compulsory Security Vetting upon appointment.
- If candidates wish to apply for more than one post, separate application forms must be completed and emailed individually.
- The closing date for applications is 24 February 2023.
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Submit your application, including your CV and a fully completed and signed new Z83 form.
- Make sure to quote the relevant reference number and position name mentioned in the advertisement.
- Indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject heading of your email.
- Verify that you send your application to the correct inbox or email address specified in the position advertisement. Applications sent to the wrong email address will not be considered.
- Your application should include a comprehensive CV that highlights all your relevant experience, specifying duties performed and the corresponding dates (MM/YY). Additionally, provide your Identity Number, race, and gender. Include references with complete contact details.
- Please be aware that interviews may be conducted through a virtual medium, and further details will be communicated to shortlisted applicants.
- Note that copies of qualifications, certificates, ID, driver’s license, etc., may be requested upon request.
For any inquiries, please contact Mr. JS Phoseka at (033) 846 3456.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement, kindly understand that your application has been unsuccessful.