Salary : R181 599.00 – R213 912.00 p.a. exclusive of benefits
Location: Paulpietersburg Local Office (Ref No: G13/2023).
- Requirements for Grants Administrator
- The Grants Administrator’s duties include:
- Please take note of the following important information regarding these advertised positions:
- If you are interested in applying for these positions, please follow the instructions below:
- For any inquiries regarding the positions, please contact Mr. JS Phoseka at (033) 846 3456.
A SASSA Grants Administrator is an individual responsible for managing and administering grants within the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). Their role involves processing and overseeing various types of grants provided by SASSA to eligible individuals, such as social grants, disability grants, and child support grants.
The Grants Administrator is responsible for verifying applicants’ eligibility, ensuring accurate documentation, and processing grant payments. They may also handle inquiries, provide assistance to grant recipients and maintain records related to grant applications and disbursements.
Additionally, a Grants Administrator may collaborate with other SASSA staff, government agencies, and external stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effective distribution of grants, as well as to address any issues or challenges that may arise.
Overall, the role of a SASSA Grants Administrator is crucial in facilitating access to financial assistance for individuals in need and ensuring compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
Requirements for Grants Administrator
To be considered for the position of Grants Administrator, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possession of a Senior Certificate (NQF4).
- Essential computer literacy skills.
Having the following will be an added advantage:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Administrative or clerical experience.
The Grants Administrator’s duties include:
- Assisting in the administration of Social Grants at the Local Office level.
- Thoroughly screening all grant applications.
- Capturing applications accurately into the system.
- Providing customer care and support.
- Processing other grant documentation and performing additional grant administration functions.
- Conducting quality control checks on grant applications.
- Ensuring adherence to Section 57 of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA, Chapter 6, Part 3).
To apply for the Grants Administrator position, please send your application to Mr. JS Phoseka at the following address:
- Postal Address:
- Private Bag X9146,
Or, you can hand-deliver your application to:
- No.1 Bank Street,
As an equal-opportunity employer, the Agency values diversity and inclusivity. Therefore, priority will be given to candidates whose appointment aligns with the Agency’s Employment Equity targets as outlined in its Employment Equity Plan. Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please take note of the following important information regarding these advertised positions:
Please be aware of the following important notes regarding the appointment process:
- The appointment is subject to mandatory pre-employment screening, including qualification verification, reference checks, ITC (credit) checks, criminal background checks, and compulsory competency assessments (where applicable).
- The Agency aims to promote diversity in terms of race, gender, and disability when filling these positions. Candidates whose appointment will contribute to representativity will receive preference.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must have them evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) before the selection process.
- SASSA reserves the right not to fill a position after advertising it.
- All SASSA staff members are required to undergo compulsory Security Vetting upon appointment.
- If candidates wish to apply for multiple positions, separate application forms must be completed and emailed individually.
- The closing date for applications is 24 February 2023.
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please follow the instructions below:
- Prepare your application, which should include your CV and a fully completed and signed new Z83 form.
- Make sure to quote the relevant reference number and position name as indicated in the advertisement.
- In the subject heading of your email, clearly state the name of the position you are applying for.
- Ensure that you send your application to the correct inbox or email address provided in the advertisement. Applications sent to the wrong inbox or email will not be considered.
- Your application should consist of a comprehensive CV that includes details of all your relevant experience, including duties performed and the corresponding dates (MM/YY). Additionally, include your Identity Number, race, and gender. Provide references with full contact details.
- Please note that interviews may be conducted virtually, and further information regarding this will be communicated to shortlisted applicants.
Be aware that copies of qualifications, certificates, ID, driver’s license, etc., may be requested at a later stage.
By following these instructions and submitting a complete application, you will ensure that your application is considered for the position of interest.
For any inquiries regarding the positions, please contact Mr. JS Phoseka at (033) 846 3456.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further correspondence. If you have not received any communication within 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement, please understand that your application was unsuccessful.