SASSA is a dynamic organization dedicated to delivering essential services to a diverse range of South Africans. With offices across the country, our operational structures strive to incorporate state-of-the-art facilities, modern offices, and an environment that fosters employee achievement, enjoyment, progress, and prosperity.
We currently have a vacant position available in the KZN Region. Join our team and contribute to making a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals and communities.
Salary: R908 502.00 – R1 054 356.00 p.a. inclusive of benefits
Location: Richmond Local Office (Ref No: G11/2023).
- Minimum Requirements for Local Office Manager
- As the Local Office Manager, your duties will include:
- Please take note of the following important information regarding these advertised positions:
- If you are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions, please follow these application guidelines:
- For any inquiries regarding the application process or the advertised positions, you can contact Mr. JS Phoseka at (033) 846 3456.
Minimum Requirements for Local Office Manager
To be considered for the position of Local Office Manager, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a B degree or possess a 3-year tertiary qualification in the relevant field.
- Have 1-2 years of management experience in the relevant field.
- Possess knowledge of SASSA’s Constitutional mandate, relevant policies, and legislation in Public Management.
- Have knowledge of Social Security services and poverty alleviation matters.
- Possess computer literacy skills.
- Hold a valid driver’s license, which is essential for the role.
Also Read: Administrative Support Services
As the Local Office Manager, your duties will include:
- Managing the divisions within the Local Office.
- Providing support services such as Human Capital Management, Financial Accounting, and Supply Chain Management. This includes overseeing Fleet Management, Facilities Management, ICT inquiries, and Records Management.
- Managing Grant Administration, which involves Operations Management, Customer Care Management, Pay Point Management, Disability Management, and Beneficiary Maintenance.
- Compiling the operational plan for the Local Office.
- Managing resources, engaging stakeholders, and organizing outreach programs.
- Acquiring, analyzing, and managing data and information for reporting to the District.
To apply for this position, please send your application to [email protected].
The Agency is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. As such, preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will contribute to the Agency’s efforts in achieving its Employment Equity targets outlined in the Employment Equity Plan. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for available positions.
Please take note of the following important information regarding these advertised positions:
- The positions have minimum requirements, and applicants should ensure they meet these requirements before applying.
- Appointment to these positions is subject to a compulsory pre-employment screening process, which includes qualification verification, reference checks, ITC (credit) checks, criminal record checks, and mandatory competency assessments where applicable.
- The Agency is committed to promoting representativity in terms of race, gender, and disability in its workforce. Candidates whose appointment would contribute to achieving this goal will receive preference.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications should have them evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) before the selection process.
- SASSA reserves the right not to fill a position after advertising it.
- All SASSA staff members are required to undergo compulsory Security Vetting upon appointment.
- If candidates wish to apply for multiple positions, separate application forms should be completed and submitted via email before the closing date, which is 24 February 2023.
Please ensure you carefully review and comply with these instructions to ensure your application is considered.
If you are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions, please follow these application guidelines:
- Prepare your application, which should include your CV and a fully completed and signed new Z83 form.
- Make sure to quote the relevant reference number and position name as stated in the advertisement.
- In the subject heading of your email, clearly indicate the name of the position you are applying for.
- Ensure that you send your application to the correct inbox/email address specified in the advertisement. Applications sent to the wrong email address will not be considered.
- Your application should consist of a comprehensive CV that provides details of your experience, including specific duties and dates (MM/YY) for each position held. Include your Identity Number, Race, and Gender, and provide references with full contact details.
- Please be aware that interviews may be conducted via a virtual medium, and further information regarding this will be communicated to shortlisted applicants.
- Keep in mind that copies of your qualifications, certificates, ID, driver’s license, and any other requested documents should be submitted upon request.
Carefully follow these instructions to ensure that your application is properly submitted and considered for the desired position.
For any inquiries regarding the application process or the advertised positions, you can contact Mr. JS Phoseka at (033) 846 3456.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement, it means that your application has been unsuccessful.
We appreciate your interest in the positions and thank you for considering SASSA as a potential employer.